Rockstar has released the supported languages on GTA V and the region lock details in a new answer on “Rockstar Support“, In addition the company has confirmed that the game will contain DLCs to be released later “as we noticed you yesterday“…
Grand Theft Auto V’s language support and region-lock status depend on the platform and the region.
PlayStation 3 (Region-Free):
- North America, Asia (Except Japan) – English, French, Brazilian Portuguese, Korean, Traditional Chinese, Latin American Spanish
- Europe, Middle East, Russia – English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Russian, Brazilian Portuguese, Polish
- Japan – Japanese and English
- Worldwide (Region-Free) except for Japan – English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Russian, Brazilian Portuguese, Polish, Korean, Traditional Chinese, Latin American Spanish
- Japan (Region-Locked to Japanese Xbox 360 Consoles) – Japanese and English
Also the company has confirmed that the game will contain DLCs, as they said:
It is generally recommended that you buy and play games that are designated for your country to avoid potential problems with DLC region-compatibility.
If you live in Europe (where the GTAV disc code is BLES01807) you will likely have a European PSN account that will not be able to redeem a US pre-order code, and will only be able to download Region 2 (European) DLC, incompatible with non-European discs.
Yesterday we posted some new interesting details, you can check it from here.