GTA V/Online – New details revealed, How to switch to GTA Online, 700 Missions in Online mode and more
According to the interview: (Most important questions)
3DJ: GTA Online is a separate unit of GTA V, but also integrated into their world. Could you explain how to access the GTA Online?
Benzies: During the game appears a wheel on the bottom of the screen that lets you select protagonist. There are three spaces to the side “single player” and, on the underside, there is another room for your character in multiplayer. If you select it, the camera pulls back and goes straight to your character online, letting us play from that point.
3DJ: We know that we can make your character evolve in GTA Online. We need a certain range to access certain missions?
Benzies: In the same way that the campaign has a flow, the multiplayer has its own. When you access Online GTA for the first time, you know a character you enter in this online world. As you progress, there are more individuals to help and offer missions in a similar way as is done in the individual part of the game. As you grow and your rank rises, jobs are becoming larger. When you create a game “deathmatch”, you can even decide if you want to play only 50 players range. So every mission requires a range to access it.
3DJ: How many missions have in GTA Online?
Benzies: I think they are about 700 missions at this time. We hope you have a 500 always available, and are renewed continuously. You can also go to the Rockstar Social Club and get off more missions. So you can connect and download any player missions to populate your world online, both from friends and from other users.
- The camera will zoom out and pan away to your online character seamlessly. During the animation, a matchmaking process will be in progress.
- Matchmaking will depend on which friends are playing, and what people have ranks near yours.
- You can do almost anything you can do in single player in GTA Online.
- Each mission requires a rank depending on difficulty and complexity. The bigger your rank, the more difficult the missions will be.
- Missions will be ordered randomly as you play Online.
- For certain heists you might need certain weapons, vehicles or characters such as a sniper or a driver. This will also depend on the mission creator if you download the mission from the Social Club.
- Some missions are so complex they need plenty of good communication.
- There will be descriptions to help each character on its heist function.
- You can change weather, time of day, time you want it to rain or to be a certain weather state, radio station to be tuned at the start of the race or mission in the Content Creator.
- There is something called “team lives”. If you have 4 team lives and 4 people, if everyone dies there will be 0 lives left, or if you die 4 times, the team will have 0 lives left, which means if anyone dies, it’s mission failed.
- You can watch races and deathmatches on your apartment TV.
- There are masks to hide from the cops.
- The Online will be run on the Social Club servers, data will be stored on the cloud. There are datacenters from NY to San Diego, and more Rockstar studios.