Homefront: The Revolution officially announced, Coming to PS4, Xbox One and PC in 2015
Deep Silver has officially announced the next gen sequel for Homefront, Homefront: The Revolution is a new free roam FPS to be co-published by Crytek and Deep Silver. coming in 2015 for Xbox One, Ps4 and PC.
Homefront: The Revolution throws players into a near future dystopia where catastrophic events have brought the USA to its knees and enabled North Korean forces to impose a brutal military occupation. Trapped in this American nightmare, Philadelphia – Birthplace of Independence – has become a police state, where surveillance drones and armored patrols keep her once-proud citizens at heel, crushing any dissent with savage force.
Hasit Zala, Game Director at Crytek, said: “Homefront: The Revolution stands out from the crowd by immersing players in a world where they’ll feel emotionally compelled to fight for their freedom. We’re very excited to work with Deep Silver and deliver an experience that underlines Crytek’s commitment to quality whilst tapping into the huge potential we saw when we first acquired the Homefront IP.”
Homefront: The Revolution harnesses the latest features of Crytek’s CRYENGINE technology. On the ground, players will encounter an environment that looks and feels truly alive as day turns to night and storm clouds come and go – an authenticity that extends to the strikingly lifelike expressions, skin and clothing of everyone they encounter.
· Explore a living, breathing open world – experience true open world gameplay in a first person shooter, brought to life with astonishing CRYENGINE-powered visuals
· Wage Guerrilla Warfare – this is no linear shooter; learn the art of guerrilla warfare and use ambush, infiltration and hit and run tactics against your foe in thrilling un-scripted firefights
· Build the Resistance – recruit revolutionaries to the cause, establish bases and safehouses, capture and customise a deadly arsenal, and build improvised, homebrew weapons for your Guerrilla Tool Kit
· Ignite the Revolution – from oppressed citizen to revolutionary leader, an epic single-player campaign tells the story of the second War of Independence. The dynamic, evolving world responds to your actions as an oppressed nation rises up in defiance against the occupation
· Online Co-Op – take the battle online, form a Resistance Cell with your friends and earn your reputation as Heroes of the RevolutionAdd to Flipboard Magazine.