Microsoft Reveals Xbox One System Specs and Features
Microsoft announced the Xbox One this morning, and revealed the first wave of system specs. The console includes 8GB of DDR3 RAM, a 500GB hard drive, slot loading Blu-ray drive, and more.
As you can see from the screengrab above, the system includes 8GB of system memory, a Blu-ray drive, and an 8-core CPU. Unlike the Xbox 360, which shipped in several different hardware configurations, the Xbox One includes Kinect and a 500GB hard drive by default. The console also has multiple 802.11n radios and an Gigabit Ethernet port.
It also runs on three operating systems, a bespoke Xbox One platform, a kernal of Windows that allows web access and more, then a third that ties them both together.
Also many Features announced in the event:
- TV on Xbox One: Navigate and watch live TV from your cable, telco or satellite set-top box through your Xbox One.
- Home: Turn on your entertainment system with two powerful words, â€śXbox Onâ€ť and a custom-tailored Home dashboard welcomes you with your favorite games, TV and entertainment.
- Snap: Do two things at once on the biggest screen in your home. Use Snap to jump into a multiplayer battle while watching your favorite movie, chat with friends on Skype while watching live TV or track your fantasy team on TV as you watch the big game and so much more.
- Skype for Xbox One: Specially designed for Xbox One, chat with friends on your TV in stunning HD, or for the first time ever, hold group Skype calls on your TV.
- Trending: Stay on top of whatâ€™s hot on TV by discovering the entertainment thatâ€™s popular among your friends and see whatâ€™s trending within the Xbox community
- OneGuide: Find your favorite entertainment easily, searching by network, name or time, all with the sound of your voice and presented in a tailored program guide.