Rockstar Jobs Page Hints at Grand Theft Auto V PC Port
Good news but not surprising, Grand Theft Auto V‘s omission of a PC version at launch has been largely controversial. The game is limited by the same hardware that Grand Theft Auto IV ran on in 2008, and within months of release its graphics will be overshadowed by next-gen games. Thankfully, a PC version isn’t out of the question, and new evidence makes it appear closer to reality than once thought.
Full job s page:
Rockstar Leeds are currently looking for a talented graphics programmer to help bring our latest titles to the PC platform. Working together with the other Rockstar studios, you will be responsible for maintaining the studio’s uncompromising quality bar, delivering the highest quality PC experience possible.
- Work within a team of skilled developers on Next Generation games.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent, with an emphasis on computer graphics
- 1 year of PC or Xbox360 graphics experience (DX9 and/or DX11)
- 1+ shipped products
- Excellent C++ skills
- Strong understanding of 3d graphics principles + techniques
- Familiarity with game asset pipelines
- Prior experience with deferred renderers
- Ability to work in a multithreaded environment
- Good communication skills
- Passionate about PC gaming
Also rockstar has announced that the first gameplay trailer coming today at 10am EST.